Honestly, even if I cede the word “racism” on this, the things you’re talking about MAY HYPOTHETICALLY happen on like a one-in-a-trillion scale, while antiblack racism is the very foundation on which our society is built.
The word “racism” sociologically requires a societal power imbalance in which discrimination moves from high to low, but even if I concede that point entirely, the thing you’re talking about would be like finding one spider in a house and calling it an “infestation” even though you know full well that the entire basement and all of the space between the walls are practically bursting at the seams with fire ants. In this case, the spider is the hypothetical instances of black-on-white violence you’ve described, while each fire ant are the instances of white-on-black racism that, you know, happen.
Like, if you call an exterminator and tell them to get rid of the fire ant infestation, and you’re like “oh, can you also kill the one spider that I feel like I might have seen in the kitchen? That’s in infestation, right? And this bug does exist,” that exterminator is going to laugh in your face, and probably tell you that the spider is only there in response to the ants and will leave when there’s no more ants for it to eat.
Kill the spider, you’re still stuck with ants and you’re only spider-free until another one shows up because of the ants. Kill the ants, you’re free of ants and spiders. And we don’t use the word “racism” to describe a black person hating white people for the same reason we don’t use the word “infestation” to describe a single spider in a house full of fire ants.
For example, you can:
- be in a shampoo commercial
- start a boy band:
- spot some choice booty:
- break into song:
- see some people in frankly offensive outfits:
- attend a metal show:
- listen to some sick jams:
- discover zombieism:
- sample some tasty snacks:
- watch someone get burned bad:
- find something you really like:
- find something you really, really like:
- find something you REALLY REALLY LIKE:
- and wonder if you left the stove on:
celebrities that get more shit than they should:
- nicki minaj
- miley cyrus
- lindsay lohan
- taylor swift
celebrities that don’t get enough shit:
- justin bieber
- nash grier
- justin bieber
- robin thicke
are you shitting me.
You got Nicki right there and then you got a whole bunch of white women who are problematic as fuck get the fuck out of here.
- Ke$ha may get loads of shit for being trashy but let’s not forget that she used Jeffrey Dahmer as a metaphor for her sexuality and that’s some real fucked up shit right there, but I guess it doesn’t matter if you compare your sexuality to a serial killer cannibal as long as their victims are young gay men.
- Miley Cyrus is racist as fuck, constantly appropriates Black culture, literally makes fun of Asian people , and in general is a piece of shit who thinks championing for sex positive feminism means shitting on women of color.
- Lorde’s main smash hit is all about how she’s better than everybody else because she’s not part of hip hop culture because like omfg that’s so trashy and I’m sorry that’s still racist. She literally talks shit about how she’s not like all of these seriously Black hip hop culturally coded things and that makes her awesome like wtf.
- Lindsay Lohan, while troubled, and possibly a victim of child abuse, actually used the slur G***y against somebody and also actually referred to Obama as “the first colored president” are you fucking kidding me. Not to mention she was actually on drugs and went to jail because of it (which excuse me, should happen to more rich fucking white girls instead of poor Black and Latino youth just sayin’, yay for equal prosecution of crimes), and apparently is notoriously terrible to work with (to the point of being labelled an “insurance liability)
- Taylor Swift constantly slut-shames, hates feminism, and tends to actually call out and give out personal information on her exboyfriends through her album covers (for example: the lyrics to one of her songs features the name of her ex over and over and over again, and according to a friend of Sam Armstrong’s, (I can’t find pictures on the internet of the album), she actually went over to Sam’s house and took pictures for the album art. And oh, by the way, they never really dated). She conflates issues, she is well known for her practice of publicity dating, and oh, let us never forget this lovely picture.
if you wanna actually make a list of female celebrities who get way too much shit then let’s talk about Lucy Liu (who is still being shat on by the Sherlock fandom), Quvenzhanè Wallis (who is A CHILD and IS STILL THE TARGET OF MEDIA BULLSHIT), Freema Agyeman (who had the misfortune of being the Doctor Who companion after Billie Piper), Beyonce (who yes, gets way too much shit from white feminist media) and any number of women of color who are actually held to a ridiculously high standard that white women aren’t.
I’m so tired of people setting up these terrible examples of human beings as “icons” and “victims” just because “OH WE WANNA BE FEMINIST” well I’m sorry Taylor Swift writes songs about how losing your virginity means you lose all self-respect, and literally represents the whole “madonna/whore” complex thing in like almost all of her videos and it’s not like she wants to be called a feminist in the first place.